Thanks all, answers back up my initial thinking:

They are very viscous oils.. don’t go very far at all.. 5m.. ish even in gravels.. I dug out a few hotspots of PCB in gravels a while back. They were only ever 2-3m by the same and only 1m deep and that was in a cable factory.

The higher the soil organic content, the lower their mobility, as they will tend to adsorb to it more strongly. They are highly insoluble in aqueous media

Low mobility... unless your PCBs are dissolved in an organic solvent or attached to organic matter content which is then reworked on your site