I looked at it and concluded that our FFTs are on the whole too short
for it to be worthwhile, and a lot of calculations aren't FFT bound
anyway. An awful lot of our stuff is simply not very slow.

Also, GPU computing at the moment is crippled for many problems by the
bandwidth bottleneck and multitasking limitations. Both of those
problems will go away with GPU features integrated onto the CPU. At that
point the level of work required to implement it will drop
significantly, and the range of application of the technology will
increase significantly. So I'm waiting for now.