On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Eric Larson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
The authors need to take the initiative and let the PDB know when their structures have been published.  The correspondence from the PDB people when they are curating the structure deposition says something along these lines:

Yes, and I've done this before - but apparently I forgot this time.  *shrug*

The only reason this surprises me is that the PDB is fairly aggressive about releasing entries after a year, whether or not they've been published.  In the past they at least emailed me first; this time, they must have simply released the structure without notifying any of the authors.  If they had actually bothered to contact me, I would have told them to update the citation.  Next time I may just go with immediate release.

-Nat