Dear CCP4bb,

I am still playing around scaling two datasets together and have
noticed another interesting behavior in scala. If I scale all my data
(from 1.5A to 51A) I get 100% completeness in my outer shell, 98% in
my inner shell and 99.9% overall, stats that I am normally quite happy
with. I tend to also look at the table in the log file which in this
case reports above 98% completeness in all shells between 1.5 and
4.7A. Rmerges are 0.054 overall with 0.29 in the outer shell, which
again I think is OK.

However I then ran scala again in an attempt to scale with the
strongest overlapping reflections in my two datasets, so limited the
resolution to between 15A and 4A. Now when I look at my completeness I
get 97% overall, but only 32% in the highest 15-12A shell! Is
something funny going on in the program or am I really missing 70% of
my data in this resolution, and if so how come the scala run with all
the data doesn't report this? I am now worrying that all the data I
previously thought was complete might be lacking many lower resolution
reflection!

Thanks,

Simon