On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Eric Larson <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> The authors need to take the initiative and let the PDB know when their
> structures have been published.  The correspondence from the PDB people when
> they are curating the structure deposition says something along these lines:

Yes, and I've done this before - but apparently I forgot this time.  *shrug*

The only reason this surprises me is that the PDB is fairly aggressive about
releasing entries after a year, whether or not they've been published.  In
the past they at least emailed me first; this time, they must have simply
released the structure without notifying any of the authors.  If they had
actually bothered to contact me, I would have told them to update the
citation.  Next time I may just go with immediate release.

-Nat