Hi Peter, did you get a resolution to this?

I see the maintenance blog has a posting about performance and stability of Safe Assign dated 28 April but it doesn't mention your issue which we have also seen in the past.

Regards
Linda

Linda Parham
Deputy Director Development
Direct: 01483 216912
Mobile: 07771 988679
--------------------------------

>>> Peter Gilmartin <[log in to unmask]> 13/04/2010 14:40 >>>
Hi Arthur

We have used SafeAssign a bit over the last year or so and like you I have found some inconsistencies with results.  I have a case open with BB support at the moment in fact because we found that it didn't seem to be checking against our institutional database.  It did appear to be checking accurately for material plagiarised from internet sources.

If nothing else, we find it helps to demonstrate this to students.  Once they know that this kind of checking is possible they are less likely to blatantly plagiarise.  We obviously don't tell them about the fact that part of it doesn't seem to work!

BB support didn't come up with any immediate answer and the case is still open, delayed a bit by various people having been on holiday over Easter.  I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

Best regards

Peter Gilmartin
Dundee College
<<

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems

The College of Law
www.college-of-law.co.uk

This email and any attachment(s) is intended for and confidential to the addressee.  If you are neither the addressee nor an authorised recipient for the addressee please notify us of receipt, delete this message from your system and do not use, copy or disseminate the information in, or attached to it, in any way.
<<

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service