Dear all

I'm currently studying for my MA in Library and Information Studies at University College London. I've previously worked in Uni arts campus libraries and this is where my professional interests lie. My dissertation is looking at fashion blogs as information resources for fashion and textiles students.

I am looking at blogs as information resources in themselves, the debate over whether they have anything to offer students within the context of the library and HE education, and how they might be used.
I'm using fashion as a subject example for this, for two reasons; firstly fashion is a discipline based upon a commercial discourse as oppose to a traditionally academic one and secondly user/personal fashion blogs have been very much embraced, by certain parts, of the fashion industry. At the bottom of the email is an example list of the types of blogs we will be discussing.

As part of this research I am surveying and interviewing fashion librarians. Could I ask those of you who look after Fashion and Textiles subjects (whom I have not yet contacted individually) to complete a short online questionnaire? It would be extremely helpful to me and very much appreciated.

Below is a link to the online questionnaire on SurveyMonkey. The survey should take no more than 10-15 mins to complete and your answers are really valued. Let me stress that whatever your knowledge of fashion blogs, your opinions and experiences are extremely important. This is a new area of research and I really want to gather a wide variety of data whatever your experience is.

Survey monkey link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/596FTYZ

Should you have any questions please do get in contact with me.

Thanks so much for your time

Vivienne Eades
UCL
Information Studies

Fashion blog examples

http://stylebubble.typepad.com/
http://www.thestylerookie.com/
http://www.corridor40.com/
http://www.businessoffashion.com/
http://blog.tribaspace.com/
http://www.geometricsleep.com/
http://www.randomfashioncoolness.com/blog/
http://luxirare.com/topic/imagefeed/
http://gojira.tumblr.com/
http://fussandnonesense.blogspot.com/
http://jakandjil.com/blog/
http://whatthehellz.com/wordpress/

http://stylesalvage.blogspot.com/
http://www.bryanboy.com/

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits
please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2009 at
http://www.arlis.org.uk/