Hello

I am trying to prepare our annual Staff Diversity report for publication on the website and our usual approach is to mask any low numbers in any table by substituting <5 or <10 for the number, so that there is less chance that individuals can be identified from the frequency statistics presented.   However the number of people submitting a grievance to the School is small - and for internal reporting purposes the HR people have included a table which breaks down the complainants and respondents by both gender and ethnicity - but this means the numbers are all 1s and 2s.  So if I mask those numbers, the table will become virtually meaningless.

We wonder what other institutions do if they publish these sorts of statistics?
regards, Deb

--
Deb Viney, Diversity Advisor
School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS),