However, all is not lost as some of the big boys are listening to the evidence:
"International Osteoporosis Foundation releases new position statement on Vitamin D recommendations for older adults last month."
http://www.iofbonehealth.org/news/news-detail.html?newsID=327

The big problem in the UK is the lack of availability of high dose( 25-50ug) Vit D3.  Calcichew-D3 Forte has only 10ug and is not very palatable.
Fortifying food would be a good start. St Austell Brewery missed a golden opportunity last summer when they brought out a beer they named " Liquid Sunshine".

Also see Dr Robert Heaney excellent presentation this month on UCTV or on www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Za2H5oTXJY

Roy Fisher

>>> "Ivison Fiona (RW3) CMFT Manchester" <[log in to unmask]> 29/06/2010 13:08 >>>

Received today – an article that’s actually from the Financial Times 2009

Dr Fiona Ivison
Dept of Paediatric Biochemistry
Royal Manchester Children's Hospital
Oxford Rd