From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">David Green
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 4:34 AM
Subject: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Hidden in Plain Sight: The Influence of Western Esoteric Movements on Modern Thought

Apologies for cross-posting ...

Hidden in Plain Sight:
The Influence of Western Esoteric Movements on Modern Thought
A Conference for Scholars and Practitioners

July 22-25, 2010
http://www.rosicrucian.org/hidden_in_plain_sight/

Through scholarly research, the interaction of Western Esotericism with the mystical traditions of organized religion has been recognized to be extensive. Further, and less well known, is the often pivotal role esoteric groups and beliefs have had in shaping the modern world as a whole, while remaining “Hidden in Plain Sight.”

We invite you to this conference to join with other scholars and practitioners within the field of western esotericism in exploring the substantial influence this tradition has on modern thought.
In addition to the opportunity to share our research and practice within the realm of western esotericism, we envision the weekend as an opportunity to celebrate the many facets of this tradition. We invite participants to exercise not only their scholarship, but cultural creativity as well.
We will gather together July 22-25, at Rosicrucian Park in San Jose, founded in 1927 by H. Spencer Lewis.
There is no set conference fee. There is a suggested donation of $75.00 per participant to help defray Conference costs. Please register early. Registrations will be accepted through June 22 or until the conference is sold out. Registrations will not be accepted at the door.