Hi Dave,
Maybe I'm missing some obvious situation, but how often are you going to
get exactly Z=0.0000000000 (to the machine precision), unless the data
at that location was previously masked to 0 as part of a previous
processing step?  My understanding is that within FSL, 0's are basically
used to represent values with "no data" (as opposed to NaN) -- thus the
options in fslstats to compute stats only on non-zero voxels.  However,
featquery doesn't take advantage of those particular flags.

cheers,
-MH