Dear all,

This autumn I will begin my PhD research at the dept of archeology of the university of Sheffield (UK). This will be looking into the history of the aurochs with regards to its evolution, morphological variability and response to human exploitation. I was wondering if anybody on this list has knowledge of and/or access to any published aurochs assemblages, which may be suitable for analysis.

Ideally I am looking for a relatively large assemblage or a concentration of material in the same institution, so to make any trip cost and time effective. Currently I'm not confining myself to any specific geographic area or time period, though I may do so once I'll have identified my most promising collections. Aurochs material mixed with domestic cattle will also be of interest for me, as long as the presence of the aurochs in relatively large proportions is suspected or documented. Stray finds of aurochs skeletons will be of particular interest.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Lizzie Wright