Dear Jillian and Pam,

I'm interested in this deposit. I like Pam's idea of a hoard of
"precious objects". How many of us zooarchs collected animal bones as
children? A mouse skeleton would be an appealing thing to own, and the
sort of thing you'd want to keep hidden from
adults/superiors/bullies/asylum staff, who would perhaps be inclined
to throw it away or destroy it.
I've come across complete small-furry skeletons in forgotten traps
before. Also, is it possible that the bones came from an owl pellet,
or are they too ordered for that?

Rachel