Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that the registration for the Sport&EU 5th Annual Conference 'The Challenges of Sport Governance after the Lisbon Treaty', is now open. The conference will take place on 1-2 July 2010 in Ghent (Belgium), where we will be hosted by the University of Ghent.

The programme for this year's conference promises to be of a high standard, with world leading academics and high ranked practitioners involved. The conference will feature Professor Ian Henry (Loughborough University) as keynote speaker and we have also organised a high level round table to discuss the future of EU Sports Policy with the confirmed attendance of Michal Krejza (European Commission), Richard Corbet (Cabinet of Herman Van Rompuy) and Folker Hellmund (EU-EOC Office). The Flemish minister for sport, responsible for the EU rotating presidency, will open the conference.

The research programme features 19 excellent papers divided in six different pannels. The range of disciplines and topics covered by the papers will make for a very interesting and intelectually appealing conference.

If you want more information about the programme, please visit the conference website at

http://www.pswx.ugent.be/seuc2010/Program/tabid/131/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Registration details

If you want to attend the conference and join us in Ghent in the summer, registration is now open. You can register now online through the conference website.

 <http://www.pswx.ugent.be/seuc2010/registration/tabid/290/language/en-US/Default.aspx>

http://www.pswx.ugent.be/seuc2010/registration/tabid/290/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Once you have completed the registration form, you will receive a confirmation email that will also give you all the payment details.

We have been able to ensure very competitive conference fees. Attendance fees (see below) are reduced for Sport&EU members. If you want to join Sport&EU to benefit from the reduced fee, please send an email to [log in to unmask] before registering.

Registration is very flexible, offering a full package for the two days of the conference, plus the dinner on July 1st, or just a day rate for those interested in attending partially

Registration fees

Conference fees for Sport&EU members

·         full fee (with dinner): €100

·         full fee (without dinner): €75

·         discounted fee for students (with dinner): €75

·         discounted fee for students (without dinner): €50

·         one-day fee (without dinner): €40

Conference fees for non Sport&EU members

·         full fee (with dinner): €120

·         full fee (without dinner): €95

·         discounted fee for students (with dinner): €95

·         discounted fee for students (without dinner): €70

·         one-day fee for non-members (without dinner): €60

Accomodation

The conference fee DOES NOT include accomodation. Thus, you have to arrange your own accomodation. To facilitate this process, we have negotiated special rates (that include breakfast and taxes) with two central hotels in Ghent: IBIS Opera and IBIS Kathedral. They are both close to the conference venue.

You will find the details of these and other Ghent hotels in the conference website

http://www.pswx.ugent.be/seuc2010/Accomodation/tabid/139/language/en-US/Default.aspx

To benefit from the special negotiated rate in those two IBIS hotels, please contact them directly in the email or telephone you can find in the website. When making the booking, please quote the code 'Congress Sport&EU'. Please note that the negotiated rates are only valid until the end of April.

If you have any questions regarding the conference and registration, please email Charlotte Van Tuyckom ([log in to unmask]) or myslef.

I hope to see many of you in Ghent this summer.

Best regards

--

----

Dr. Borja García García

Institute of Sport and Leisure Policy

School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences

Loughborough University

Leicestershire, LE11 3TU (UK)

[Phone direct] +44 (0) 1509 226 368

[Phone department] +44 (0) 1509 226 362

[Fax] +44 (0) 1509 223 935

[E-mail] [log in to unmask]

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/ssehs/staff/academic/borja-garcia.html

http://www.sportandeu.com

Sport&EU, The Association for the Study of Sport and the European Union can be found at
http://www.sportandeu.com