From: Heidelberger, Brian L. <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, May 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Subject: Reminder of Limited Time Offer Regarding Domain Names Owned by Chris Bosh

Dear Colleagues,

This is a follow up to my announcement at the SLA conference in Phoenix on May 20, 2010.

On behalf of our client, Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors, we like to remind the sports world of his offer to give away each of the almost 800 domain names which we recovered via a recent lawsuit that are identical to the names of a number of athletes and celebrities.

Specifically, the domain names were transferred to Chris after we successfully sued a cybersquatter to recover CHRISBOSH.COM.  The court awarded us the CHRISBOSH.COM domain and $100,000 in statutory damages,  as well as attorney fees.  The court also ordered that 777 domain names owned by the Defendant be transferred to Chris towards satisfaction of the judgment.  These domain names consisted largely of the names of professional, college, amateur and high school athletes, and were being used by the Defendant for profit-making purposes.

Chris’ only intention with respect to these domain names is to transfer them to the athlete, celebrity, or other person whose name was squatted, at no cost or obligation.  To receive a domain name, the athlete or celebrity must merely sign the attached transfer affidavit and release, get it notarized, and return it to us at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask].

So far, almost 100 athletes and celebrities have requested transfer of the domain matching their name. Chris has invested significant time and money into this endeavor and is pleased that his efforts have enabled so many athletes and celebrities to reclaim their identity on the Internet.  However, Chris will not hold on to these domain names forever, so we strongly encourage anyone who represents or otherwise knows someone named on the attached list (original list of transferred names attached – including those that have already been returned) to contact them as soon as possible and recommend that they request transfer of the domain matching their name.  Of course, when the domain names are eventually released by Chris, many of them could be registered by another squatter, and thus, unfortunately likely be much more difficult, and expensive, to obtain.

Once the athlete returns the completed affidavit to us and we unlock the domain and provide the authorization code, the athlete or person who manages his or her domains will still have to actually request transfer of the domain name through its registrar of choice.  Otherwise, the domain name remains with Chris' registrar and would be released with the other unclaimed domain names when they are eventually released.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 312-558-5897 or [log in to unmask].

Brian Heidelberger
D: +1 (312) 558-5897
www.winston.com
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/winstonadlaw
Winston & Strawn LLP

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential. Therefore, if this message has been received in error, please delete it without reading it. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege. Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author.
Any tax advice contained in this email was not intended to be used, and cannot be used, by you (or any other taxpayer) to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

--
Dr. Anastasios Kaburakis
Attorney At Law

Sport&EU, The Association for the Study of Sport and the European Union can be found at http://www.sportandeu.com