Dear all,

I read in p.6 of the "Dartel guide" written by Dr. Ashburner ( http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/~john/misc/dartel_guide.pdf ) that,

"Note that results are not in MNI space, but rather in a coordinate system that represents the average shape and size of the subjects included in the study."  <-- the results here refer to the results of statistical analysis done on preprocessed data (smwrc1*.nii)

And then the next section teaches how to use Dartel to spatially normalise to MNI space. I've followed the steps and produced the spatial transformation that maps from MNI space to the space of Dartel template (Template_6_sn.mat). Then when I'm doing 'Combining deformations', I'm not sure what images to choose for the step "Apply to". The guide said "specify the images for that subject that you would like spatially normalised". But before I entered this whole section about normalise to MNI space (section 1.2 of the guide), I had already created smwrc1*.nii for all my subjects. So I'm not sure if I should apply this spatial normalisation step to the rc1*.nii or mwrc1*.nii created by Dartel or anything else......

I'm also wondering if there's any way to interpret the results of the statistical analysis that I've already done on the preprocessed data (smwrc1*.nii), i.e., to translate this kind of results' coordinates (that are not in MNI space) into anatomical names of brain regions? Or the above spatial normalisation step is the only way of doing so?

Thanks a lot for your kind attention and help!

Best wishes,
Meikei