Dear Michel,

On Mon, 24 May 2010 00:28:04 +0200, michel grothe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Dear Mr Gaser,
>does this also affect VBM8 analyses designed for GM (or WM) only? That is, should ordinary GM/WM VBM analyses be repeated with the new update?
The skull-stripping will slightly change, which also affects the GM images. Thus, I would recommend to rewrite the images with the new version.

>And another (unrelated) question: The regularisation settings for DARTEL have changed from SPM5 to SPM8 (or even in one of the later SPM5 updates(?)). Which regularisation settings are used in the VBM8-toolbox?
I have found a difference between SPM8 Dartel and VBM8 Dartel in the last iteration step (that I have overlooked). This is now changed in the new revision 336, which can be downloaded at
http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de/vbm8/ (or simply use the update function in VBM8).

Sorry, for this trouble that will force you to rewrite the data. However, keep in mind that the current VBM8 toolbox is still beta and might be subject to changes. To rewrite the data you can use the option "Write already estimated segmentations".

Regards,

Christian

Christian Gaser, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computational Neuroscience
Department of Psychiatry
Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena
Jahnstrasse 3, D-07743 Jena, Germany
Tel: ++49-3641-934752	Fax:   ++49-3641-934755
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de