Dear Torben,

I have the same problem as Jeff under OS X 10.5.8.

When I do what you suggest I can choose Mricron, but on hitting the
"Change All..." button the default reverts to Preview.

Curiously this is a problem that might be specific to Mricron - when I
select something else I can change the default. It also does not
depend on Mricron being in a subfolder in Applications.

Has anyone else seen this - or, ideally, worked out a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Alexander