It could be different Matlab versions or spectacularly bad memory
management by Windows. I have a vague recollection that some recent
versions of matlab (not the latest version) had an issue with multiple
threads on multiple cores so you might try limiting matlab on windows
to 1 core if that is an option. Otherwise you can try turning on the 3
gb switch or upgrade to windows 7 or see if perhaps you have other
processes that are using up a lot of memory.

-----
Darren Gitelman, MD
sent from my iPhone