Dear Ged,

I am trying to think of a F
undamental Topologist's reply :

Perhaps the simplest is that if you want to model an image as a bag of correlated
voxels, then you should report and discuss every voxel in every cluster. Unless you
do this, you are a closet topologist.

I hope this helps :)

Karl

PS To assign a p-value to a voxel is a category error. The p-value is an attribute of
the Euler characteristic, which is an attribute of connected voxels (not a single voxel).