Dear Rahyeong,

I am not sure I understand the problem. There seems to be inhomogeneity in your images, but I am not clear whether this is before or after correction.

Inhomogeneity correction is part of Unified Segmentation (Ashburner and Friston 2005), which you can access through the SEGMENT button in SPM5 and 8.

While setting this up, you can specify that you want the bias-corrected image written out.

Once you've run SEGMENT on your images, you can then check the bias-corrected image - with a bit of luck this should reduce the inhomogeneities you see.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Alexander

---------------------------------
Alexander Hammers, MD PhD

NEW Affiliation:
Chair in Functional Neuroimaging
Fondation Neurodis
http://www.fondation-neurodis.org/

NEW Postal Address:
CERMEP – Imagerie du Vivant
Hôpital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer
59 Boulevard Pinel
69003 Lyon
France

Telephone      +33-(0)4-72 68 86 34
Fax                   +33-(0)4-72 68 86 10
Email               [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask];[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Web (London lab)
               http://www1.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/people/alexander.hammers.html
               http://www.csc.mrc.ac.uk/Research/Groups/ECN/Epilepsy/
---------------------------------
Other affiliations:

Visiting Reader; Honorary Consultant Neurologist
Division of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Faculty of Medicine
Imperial College London

Room 243, Cyclotron Building
Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Road, London W12 0NN

and

Honorary Reader in Neurology; Honorary Consultant Neurologist
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy
National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery/ Institute of Neurology,
UCL
33 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG