Thanks John - I'm now running VBM The New Recipe.

Is it valid, after the initial segmentation, to do a quick-and-easy
analysis using the c[12]* images, or are they no good?

I'm asking this, because I get weird results doing that. Both the grey
matter and white matter maps of the same persons seem to show a greater
tissue volume in follow-up scans than in the initial scans!

 >> n1_1999=nifti('c1f100911_1999.nii');
 >> n1_2009=nifti('c1f100911_2009.nii');
 >> n_1999=n1_1999.dat(:,:,:,:);
 >> n_2009=n1_2009.dat(:,:,:,:);
 >> sum(n_1999(:)).*prod(n1_1999.hdr.pixdim(2:4))
ans =
  7.6070e+05
 >> sum(n_2009(:)).*prod(n1_2009.hdr.pixdim(2:4))
ans =
  7.8465e+05

I'm sure that can't be right, but this is what the segmentations
suggest. Or is this due to the stretching etc and do we need to wait for
DARTEL to undo those?

Many thanks
Alle Meije