Dear Bing,

Cluster inference works best when you have a search volume that is large
relative to the smoothness.  For just a 10mm radius SVC region, I wouldn't
expect cluster inferences to be of any use at all.  For such small regions I
would stick with peak/voxel inferences.

-Tom

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Bing Ye <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear SPMers:
>
> I want to use small volume correction (SVC) for the brain activation level.
> I have encountered an issue, after using the SVC, the puncorrected value at
> the cluter-level is higher than before (e.g. p=0.06 after using the SVC ,
> whereas before is 0.02. ) , but the p corrected-level is significant after
> SVC at cluster-level. I do not know the reason, is it supposed to be like
> that some times?
>
> What should I be looking at after SVC, cluster-level p uncorrected or p
> corrected or voxel-level p fwe-corrected or p fdr-corrected, and at what p
> level ( p = 0.05)?
>
> I entered 10 mm for the radius value
>
> Can anyone let me know?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Bing

Thomas Nichols, PhD
Principal Research Fellow, Head of Neuroimaging Statistics
Department of Statistics & Warwick Manufacturing Group
University of Warwick
Coventry  CV4 7AL
United Kingdom

Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone, Stats: +44 24761 51086, WMG: +44 24761 50752
Fax:  +44 24 7652 4532