Dear Julienne,

I'm a phd student in the Faculty of Architecture in University of Porto and also a researcher in the same institution.
I was hoping to write the paper based on my PhD research,:

AUTHORS:

Andrea Pera Vieira, Junior researcher, MA, PhD student, Faculty of Architecture of University of Porto, U. Porto; Portugal;  [log in to unmask]

Mário Krüger, Dr. Professor DARQ/FCTUC, University of Coimbra, Portugal;

Pedro Leão Neto, Dr., U.Porto, FAUP; Faculty of Architecture of University of Porto, University of Porto;

TITLE OF PROPOSED PAPER:

Space Codes in Architecture Teaching and Learning

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED PAPER:
The paper first describes the strategy and methodology of space analysis. It then describes and analyzes the results of a side by side configurational analysis of the three case studies. The case studies focused on this research are: Faculdade de Arquitectura da Universidade do Porto -, designed by Alvaro Siza Vieira; the Colégio das Artes do Departamento de Arquitectura da Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade de Coimbra building; and the School of Architecture of Departamento Autónomo de Arquitectura da Universidade do Minho designed by Fernando Távora and Bernardo Távora.
The base for the data analysis and new information of this evaluation will be acquired from the application of a space syntax analysis for studying the spatial configuration of the different spaces in relation to their user´s social behaviour, within those university buildings.
The paper concludes with the importance of space codes in architecture teaching and learning although the academic staff is embodied with same architectural culture.

 The paper is not finished, I would like to know what is the dead line to send the proposed paper.

Best regards
Andrea Vieira