Could any one help with this query?
With best wishes to all,
Jane

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Peter Montague
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:16 AM
Subject: Tracing a TV programme to a Kipling story

Greetings from New Zealand

For some years I have been trying to identify one of the TV programmes that appeared in the 1963 series The Indian Tales of Rudyard Kipling. My aim has been to establish if the programme is based upon a particular Kipling story.

I don’t know the name of the programme.  The story line has to do with a refined young woman who is curious to the point of fascination by what I took was a ‘house of ill repute’.  Ultimately she is drawn into visiting the brothel (?) in disguise during the night, returning at dawn to her own residence.  Eventually after many such occasions she succumbs to a disfiguring disease that results in her being unable to return to her home and thus becomes a self imposed prisoner in the brothel.  This may be just one of the themes of the programme but I sense it was the prime one.

Are you able to identify the programme or the title of the Kipling story it was taken from?  Alternatively, to direct me to a source that may know the answer?  The web site that lists the series does not have a synopsis for every one of the 25 programmes and none of the titles ring a bell with me.

I will be grateful for any assistance you can offer.

Regards and thanks.

Peter Montague

6 Larsen Crescent

Tawa