 CONFERENCE BURSARIES

 “We are what we keep: challenging tradition in appraisal and acquisition”

The Society of Archivists conference takes place in Manchester between the 1st and 3rd September 2010. The Society is pleased to offer four bursaries to cover the cost of conference attendance. The value of each bursary is equivalent to the cost of full attendance at the conference over the 3 days (£499). Successful applicants will be required to cover the cost of their travel to and from the conference, and will be expected to provide a short report of the Conference.

The bursaries are only open to Registration Scheme Candidates, registered students on the Archive Conservation Certificate course and student members of the Society. In addition applicants must have been in one of these categories before 31st May 2010. Applicants wishing to apply for a bursary should contact the Society's office on 01823 327077 or by e-mail to [log in to unmask] to get an application form.

For full details of the conference visit www.archives.org.uk

John Chambers
Executive Director
Society of Archivists