Dear Colleague

We are holding an open consultative conference on Wednesday 21st July 2010 at the Institute of Education in London to inform the content of the next sweep of the UK Millennium Cohort Study (MCS). We are seeking contributions from the scientific community, government policy-makers and other stakeholders. The next sweep, taking place in 2012, will collect data from around 14,000 11-year olds in their final year of primary school.

The main focus of the conference will be the presentation of proposals by the study’s scientific advisory groups covering the key substantive areas. Additional suggestions and contributions from delegates will be welcome on the day.