Why "wow"?  I really don't understand why 'wow."  Desmond Swords's statement
is utter gibberish.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick McManus" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: writing poetry

WOW!

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Desmond Swords
Sent: 10 May 2010 11:03
To: [log in to unmask]

Paddy Mm is 'puzzled;' asks if anyone's got round to writing any poems in
the last while.

'It's a problem, all right, Patrick....' Doug luvvie responds, before
dropping out of a non- Scene.

 I've sent a few.  Nine, actually, over the last month or so'; Freddie
Pollack states, eleven word conversation.

Doug luvvie returns, with a five more word 'confession' beginning with a
reiteration of the facts: 'Indeed, you have' before moving to the meat of
the tweet-thesis; 'which is more than I have managed to write'.

It's all smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand, slip of tongue, dressing up,
showbiz so-biz biddes and po-biz

Alison arrives, happy and full: 'Lots of writing of different kinds, but no
poetry lately',  before being informed this state of reality 'may change.'

no date is given

0: Unreconstructed Neanderthal Stalinist Robot Robbie ham Elton, makes a
comedic splash

1: arrives with an arrangement in Letters; shuffled about toponyms, not a
real poem, bcuz it's clear i nicked it, love innit yeah

2: Al has 'an ambiguous relationship to Aristotle. Although' she 'can quite
see the point of working out how some things are different from other
things.

3: bids add you

5: Alsion you know; when I got barred from pritbo by Nardy; for 'using real
names' in my copy ex-writing tutelary spirit Bob Bernstein; one's immediate
response was to compose a twenty page explanation of why I was cleverer and
knew more than what I called, him and his all male gang-ethos - who'd got it
all wrong via a vis the three oldest cons going with Socrates Aristotle and
Plato; because the thing the britpo chaps didn't get, one informed em; is,
in that intensely homosocial culture, 2500 years back; the (unchanged)
pedarastic roles on offer at the Academy and Grove in Letters, was founded
on a tradition of suck-up 'n say-nice, both erastes and eremenos; or drop
dead on a shield.

This is all very well' but too much bad drag for this sailor; and so what if
Randy and one's bardic Irish tradition aint so gay as 3000 miles distant; we
can afford to lose Aristotle, bcuz we've Amergin, Hesiod of the Howth
Casuals Alison yeah.

At that point a few years ago; one was in the middle of clarifying all this,
along with the full lineage of the Greek gods; grasping for the first time;
after seven years study and more - that what one thought one knew, was
nothing - bcuz Amergin has greater torque in truth and poetic gravity - when
one understands the System of Myth one's basing their career as a boring
person whose d�n is to bore for Britain and the island of ghosts and
geldfine here me dears - on: Should one's choon declare it. Plus. if one
chooses, be an AUSer, CAmerican American, USAmerican, UKer, Kiwi Paddy
Plastic p'raps poetry urchin of seventy five, and even, should one wish - a
Woman whose dim-bells M'fum-fum, or owt else one feels home in Letters -
has representing moi, as an independant, luvvie; Al.

Take no notice, I will fish it up and bore you to close down and stop
writing; hopefully turn into a full time silly apron  attic-mad cake-baker
formerly knownas the talented Alison Croggan; who went insane bcuz ye worth
it, lurve.

6: Next, you were playfully mocked by eremenos Elton Rob, ham luvvie asking
you be ashamed bcuz; that's how homosocial works - Erastes, getting the
young lads to say how great their senior tutelary bummie chums are.

A is not B doesn't mean C does not exist.

Shame on you, and you, and you a nice Australian anti-monarchist.

7: How dare you colonial AUSer have so much talent; thank gawd yer a woaman
in the gang of guys - Elton finkz

8: You return Ni Croggon, informing Robbie his one line atempt at
bamboozling ye was unsuccesful

9: Still not sure of what I should be ashamed, but quite happy to do a few
maxima culpas, on the basis that ignorance is not the same as innocence.

~

1: a fwendly kwiz xA

2: Uche Ogbuji my fave new sta bard; who's article I read and thought - yes!
this is a real poet. He comes in and, sheer class - one to watch, like Judy
Prince bcuz they speak as themselves, uniquely, and I am lootuing their
hoard and shamelessly imitating bcuz one's bin a boot tae new

3: General argie bargie in short exchanges, playing head-games, until

You'd have to ask the self-styled definers.  My perspective is just that
their own self-styled definitions are their own self-styled petard-hoicks.

$: this is the top gear, you can see why I think our Nigerian American fwend
is getting me excited with his clear talent.

A deabte about the nature of time occurs; i haven't read the rest my comps
slowing out. I am called elsewhere to Speak with the 'Seagulls and sparrows,
eagles and owls' Gary Fitzgerald talks of.

Take no notice. Carry on with your voluntary duties everyone.

2: Paddy. McManus 'son of hand' (in hiberno-latin at least); perfect nom de
lurve in Letters yeah; ye mad sta bard.