'faffing'?
Brighter?
John Herbert Cunningham

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Robin Hamilton
Sent: May-01-10 8:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Adventurous rejected: Magma Blog

Thanks Alison -- that distinctly clears things.

So OK, the primary current meaning of "jump cut" in cinematography terms is
what might be called The Godard Effect.

I can live with that (though I hate to admit that Jeffrey was in this case
right and I was wrong).

I still think this still leaves some (lots of) issues unresolved, but at
least and at last you've given me a *solid answer to part of what was
niggling my brain.  So thanks again.

{I have to say, I don't *like what you've just said, and obviously I'll have

to confirm it (I wouldn't even trust my grandmother, without a dated
citation, if she told me how to suck eggs), but it exactly addresses the
questions I was asking in the way Jeffrey's faffing around the issue didn't.

I hate to be sexist, but maybe it's simply the case that women are on the
whole brighter than men.  <g>}

Robin