quite a curious coincidence in that I've just (literally the moments before
opening this thread) been toying with various ways of 'deforming' the word
'splot', as Bacon deforms Velasquez, in a little poem I'd recently written,
which is otherwise not quite the same as Ken's forceful harsh piece.

--
David Bircumshaw
"Every old house was scaffolding once/And workmen whistling"