Heard your speaking your "Growing up Misfit" last week, Uche, on TNB
(thenervousbreakdown), and loved how you got into it, brought out in your
several "dialects", your morphing through several cultures, coping with
disparate expectations.

Returns me to the *live*-ness that poetry so often was and is now to a
certain extent returning.  Though we speak poems in our heads as we read
them, still it's so stunningly augmented by hearing the poet (I should
qualify re poets whose readings are less than we'd want them to be).
Thinking of Sappho and Anacreon, I so much yearn for fine poets to accompany
their words with musical instruments.

Thanks for the reminder to hear you!  It's the only time most of us will
have that privilege and pleasure.

Judy

--
"People in Oregon used TNT to explode a whale carcass, and blubber hit those
running a quarter mile away."

Jeff Hecker, Norfolk VA