Hi, Terry,

Well, I suppose I'll reluctantly have to agree. Even though the "practice
as research" crowd has used this phrase in their advertisements for
sugary, fizzy research PAR does have an older and better history.

From Perth, where I have just returned from an evening of good
conversation with Terry over a fine regional beer -- no Coke at all.

Yours,

Ken

Terry Love wrote:

I suggest it's perfectly  appropriate for PhD students  to use PAR to mean
Participatory Action Research.

Participatory Action Research  is a well established research method,
framework and philosophy.

The PAR acronym has been used widely to denote Participatory Action
Research for decades.

In contrast 'Practice as research' is recent and challenged .

Otherwise it's a bit like arguing that Engineers shouldn't use terms such as
'Energy'  and 'Power' because Coke has used them in an advert!