Dear list,

Though we've had a good quantity of proposals for chapters for our book on design research methods - many from names that I recognise from this list - I am very aware that a good number of folks that I hoped might have made a proposal, have not.

Perhaps I should jog memories by re-sending the original call (appended below), or possibly bring it to your attention for the first time, and invite you to either send a proposal, or to discuss a proposal before submitting as many have done already. Or possibly forward to a colleague who would be just right for this book.

The deadline for this initial round is 14 May, details on the website below.

Regards,

David Durling
on a sunny day in The Fens, without a single ash cloud in sight

David Durling FDRS PhD   http://durling.tel

Call for BOOK CHAPTERS -- PROPOSALS BY 14 MAY 2010

DESIGN RESEARCH :: METHODS

Editors:
David Durling
Lin-Lin Chen
Keiichi Sato

This call for chapters is for a handbook of research methods
used in design disciplines. The book will provide an overview of
past and present research methodologies and methods typical in
design related fields of inquiry that are demonstrably robust
and successful.

Aims
The primary aim of this book is to capture the current state of
design research in all its richness at this stage in its
development.

Initial submission
The editors seek expressions of interest from authors who feel
able to contribute to this book in building an overview of
distinctive established and emerging methods in design research.

Full details, including timescale, submission requirements, and
latest news are available from the following website:

http://www.fdr.org.uk