Dear All, Dave exactly expresses what makes me feel uneasy about the
discussion on education, if we forget that education and also the fine arts
(not to say that the combination may multiply the effect) are specific means
to formulate distinction between groups, than we are in the danger to act
quite naively, so as Dave has argued: there is no pedagogical solution to
education. This is especially so if you are working as I do in a
postgraduate program (in Curating), because all these programs are
expensive. So I am not very interested in pedagogy at all if this is not
related to other changes. In that respect I can understand that people doubt
an “educational turn” or think it may be a farce. Only if we as cultural
producer take the responsibility that we can at least a little bit argue for
a change in society through the “ideological state apparatus” we have access
to, but in combination with other political manifestations, only then can we
begin to think about a specific education that could enable people to act as
political subjects. Please see also our last issue of www.on-curating.org
The Political Potential of Curatorial Practise. Dorothee

----

Dorothee Richter
Studienleitung Postgraduate Program in Curating MAS

----
Zürcher Hochschule der Künste ZHdK

Institute Cultural Studies in the Arts

Hafnerstrasse 31