Hello everyone,

Apologies for this longish message.  As part of a research project
commissioned by NHS Health Scotland, I am doing a review of the UK
literature of the past 10 years (including grey literature) on interventions
that have been effective in improving access for BME groups to primary care
mental health services.

It has been suggested to me that this group may be able to point me towards
some of the relevant UK grey literature on this subject.  I will be doing a
search of the published literature, but of course I would also welcome
information about published papers that you are aware of too.

Please feel free to reply to me directly.

Kind regards,

Dawn Griesbach
* * * * * * * * * * *

In case this message rings any bells for people, can I just to clarify the
following:

*	I am only interested in formally evaluated interventions.
Qualitative, or mixed-methods evaluations can be included.

*	And by interventions, I mean anything that represents a change in
practice.  This could be a whole range of things, including (but by no means
limited to) the distribution of leaflets in different languages, the
provision of interpretation services, the training of staff, the use of
outreach or mediation, etc., etc.

*	By primary care mental health services, I mean community-based
direct-access services that offer treatment and social support to people
with mild to moderate mental health problems.  These services do not
necessarily have to be delivered within an NHS primary care setting.

*	BME groups may include asylum seekers, refugees and white migrants.
However, I am only interested in people who have an identified mild to
moderate mental health problem.  I am not interested in interventions that
are intended to promote positive mental wellbeing among BME groups in
general.

*	Finally, the main outcome I'm interested in for the purposes of this
review is improved access for BME groups to primary care mental health
services.  This might also include a reduction in barriers for BME groups
accessing these services.

Dawn Griesbach
Griesbach & Associates
Ivy Knoll - top floor