Dear all

I have had this request forwarded on to me - can anyone provide any insights into this issue for Rafat Jan ([log in to unmask])?

Can you please cc me in to any responses?

Many thanks!

Soo

Professor Soo Downe
Director, ReaCH (Research in Childbirth and Health) unit
Faculty of Health
University of Central Lancashire
Preston  PR1  2HE
Lancashire
England
UNITED KINGDOM

+44 (0) 1772 893815

tel: 01772  893815

>>> rafat.jan <[log in to unmask]> 4/27/2010 6:52 am >>>

Thank you SOO; I would like to know how communities specially in low economic areas accepted midwives. Further, where Traditional birth attendants presence is strong how midwives have been introduce?  Addition, did any country once they prepare midwives made complete employment/deployment  plan and implementation?

Regards,

Rafat Jan

Associate Professor

Aga Khan University School of Nursing

Stadium Road, P.O. Box 3500

Karachi,  Pakistan  74800

(021)486-5470/5493

Can you let me know what aspect of this topic you are specifically interested in? I can then find out from our membership if anyone knows about this area.

Best wishes

Soo

Professor Soo Downe
Director, ReaCH (Research in Childbirth and Health) unit
Faculty of Health
University of Central Lancashire
Preston  PR1  2HE
Lancashire
England
UNITED KINGDOM

+44 (0) 1772 893815

tel: 01772  893815

>>> ICM | Nester Moyo <[log in to unmask]> 4/22/2010 10:05 am >>>

Hi Rafat

Great hearing from you.

 Unfortunately I do not know a country which has done this. I have copied the chair person of the ICM research Standing Committee, Soo Downe, she might be able to help.

Soo please could you help?

Regards

Nester