Hello Sarah and all,

 I have no experience with actually teaching spirituality to undergraduates.
However, I am aware that for a person to effectively respect another
person's spirituality they must have some awareness/respect of their own. I
would suggest the way to create reverence and beauty online would be in the
words you use to help the students think about and possibly discuss those
times when they feel most moved by life... seeing a sunset, the smell of
fresh cut grass, the experience of a first kiss,  the sensation of falling
in love, being at the birth of a child...  I would suggest they discuss how
they felt emotionally and physically at such moments, and how such moments
have brought meaning to their own lives.

That could be a way to set the scene

Best wishes, Jenny

Jenny Parratt  PhD
Midwife, Conjoint Senior Lecturer

School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health
The University of Newcastle, NSW
P.O. Mandurang Vic 3551 Australia
0409 393073

Skype: 'JennyParratt'