Hi all

Please see below for a message from Martin Webber at the Institute of Psychiatry.

Best wishes,
Jill

************************

Dear colleague,

I invite you to attend our 4th National Continuing Professional Development Conference for Social Workers on the theme of 'integrated practice' on 14th September 2010 at the Institute of Psychiatry.

The conference will feature prominent keynote speakers, engaging workshops and a unique opportunity to meet social workers from across the country.

Keynote papers will be given by:

Professor Peter Huxley (Swansea University) - Integration of health and social care in mental health services

Professor Nick Frost (Leeds Metropolitan University) - Integrated working in frontline children's services: research, policy and practice

Professor Marian Barnes (University of Brighton) - Ethics of care in promoting effective dialogue between workers, service users and carers.

The conference will also feature an interactive plenary session on the theme: "Are families becoming more dangerous?"

Professor Colin Pritchard (Bournemouth University) will address the issue of 'Who kills children?', based on data presented in his recent British Journal of Social Work paper that hit the headlines. We are also pleased to welcome Camila Batmanghelidjh (Kids Company) who will talk about the need for new paradigms of care. We are assured of a lively and thought provoking debate to end the day.

Further information and online booking forms can be found on our website: www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/annualsocialworkconference. Please note that early bird bookings are accepted until 31st July. All Making Research Count bookings must be made by training officers to [log in to unmask]

We are still receiving abstracts for parallel workshops throughout the day so if you or a colleague are interested in leading a workshop of relevance to the conference theme, please submit your abstract by 25th June. Full information and an online abstract submission form are available on our website: www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/annualsocialworkconference.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or Julie Smith, the conference organiser ([log in to unmask]), if you require any further information.

Best wishes,

Martin

Dr Martin Webber
Programme Leader, MSc in Mental Health Social Work with Children and Adults
Learning & Teaching Co-ordinator, Institute of Psychiatry

Section of Society, Culture and Mental Health

Centre for Public Mental Health

Health Service and Population Research Department

Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London

Box no 32, The David Goldberg Centre, De Crespigny Park, London, SE5 8AF
Telephone: 020 7848 5096 Fax: 020 7848 5056

Email: [log in to unmask]

Weblinks:
Institute of Psychiatry <http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/>
MSc in Mental Health Social Work with Children & Adults <http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/sites/mhsw>

Research Methods & Critical Appraisal for Social Workers eLearning Course <http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/sites/rmca>
Staff profile <http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/staff/profile/default.aspx?go=10114&local=True>

The HSPR group has been awarded the 2009 Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education on behalf of King's College London. For full details please click here <http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/departments/?locator=4&context=1357> .