I'd need to check the references and haven't got them here, but there
are a number of Welsh  poems to (or mentioning) roods in different parts
of Wales and it's just that the Llanbeblig one describes it as a
Trinity. So, yes, it's clearly unusual, but that's not why the poem was
written.

In the Penrhys poem, 'ar' = 'on' and 'eu' = 'her' - but it's a poem by
Gwilym Tew who is notoriously obscure so it may not mean anything.

Maddy

Dr Madeleine Gray

Reader in History

School of Education/Ysgol Addysg

University of Wales, Newport/Prifysgol Cymru, Casnewydd

Caerleon Campus/Campws Caerllion,Newport/Casnewydd  NP18 3QT,
Wales/Cymru

 Tel: +44 (0)1633.432675

'I ask you for help. And all you give me is ...papers!'
(Magda in Gian Carlo Menotti's The Consul)

History at University of Wales, Newport: http://timezone.newport.ac.uk
<http://timezone.newport.ac.uk>
Gwent County History Association website:
http://gwent-county-history-association.newport.ac.uk
<http://gwent-county-history-association.newport.ac.uk>
Cistercian Way: http://cistercian-way.newport.ac.uk
<http://cistercian-way.newport.ac.uk>