Hi Gemma,

Yes as Brian mentioned the URL is very important to Google, and is one
of many factors that help page ranking.  But don't think you have to
change your CMS to get better URL's. We use index+ too and had a similar
issue with our collections online.

We now use a facility of our Apache Web server to mask a lot of these
additional URL values using the url rewriting facility ( Mod_Rewrite )

So for instance a similar page to yours will get displayed to a web
client as http://www.ltmcollection.org/posters/dates/dates-main.html. A
much more Google friendly URL.

Talk to System Simulation about achieving this or I am happy to show you
how it works here.

Bryan

Bryan Wills
Head of Digital Resources