From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Johnson
Sent: 13 May 2010 11:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: concepts to explain MeSH

don't forget that too many people, including abstracters, cannot spell, especially for some words that are non-English background, where there are actually no agreed terms- thus Punjabi, Panjabi; Gujarati, Gujrathi, Gujerati - all might be picked up in South Asian (Asian is another question indeed - in USA means Cambodian, and others refer to Israel and Turkey as West Asia...)

oh, and when people type Janaury instead of January, they cannot find it.

Mark R D Johnson

Director, MSRC/CEEHD

De Montfort University

Leicester LE2 1RQ