Creating Capacity

Learning programmes to develop confidence

and inspire the profession now and for the future

Delivering successful events

Date: 18th May 2010

Time: 10:00 – 16:30

Venue: Creating Capacity, 4th Floor, 53-56 Great Sutton Street, London EC1V
0DG

The summer is one of the busiest event periods for the cultural sector, from
small scale events being delivered on a regular basis, through to large
scale involvement in local festivals and programmes.  We all want to make
sure that the events we commission or are involved in are delivered
professionally, leave attendees happy, and promote our service.

This one day course has been commissioned to give organisations delivering
or commissioning events an overview of event management, and offers a clear
framework for successful planning and delivery.  The key learning outcomes
are:

·         Understanding what is the right sort of event for your context

·         Understanding how to develop an event plan

·         Understanding what is the best time of the year to plan an event

·         Being clear about legal, licensing, financial, health and safety
issues

·         Understanding and mitigating risks

·         Understanding how to ensure your events are accessible to all

·         Being able to identify and engage target audiences

·         Developing an event management on the day checklist

·         Being able to ensure collections are safe in an events environment

Trainer: Wendy Smithers, Director, thehub. Through her work with the hub
Wendy has run

participative arts events, music gigs, spoken word and cabaret events in a
range of venues from

churches to clubs, museums, galleries, markets, public offices and parks.
Wendy is a member of the

Institute of Fundraising, the Institute of Directors’ a founding fellow of
the Arts & Business fellowship and

a Trustee of the R C Sherriff Charitable Trust.

Price: £145 + VAT per delegate. Cost includes all papers, lunch and
refreshments.

Booking: online at  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org>
www.creatingcapacity.org

Contact: telephone 07985 659 425; email [log in to unmask]

Creating Capacity is endorsed by MLA.

Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives
 <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/> www.creatingcapacity.org
E:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

T: 07985 659 425