Many thanks for replies to my “JSTOR” question

I had 10 replies. 8 had withdrawn print where available on JSTOR or
equivalent. One or 2 more cautious replies but not from UK sites
One colleague mentioned a report from Center for Research Libraries at
http://www.crl.edu/archiving-preservation/print-archives/crl-projectsA
very useful report from Ithaka called “What to Withdraw: Print
Collections Management in the Wake of Digitization” can be found at
http://www.ithaka.org/ithaka-s-r/research/what-to-withdrawReferences
were made to the UKRR partnership at http://www.ukrr.ac.uk/Again many
thanks for your help
 Maureen

>>> On 27/04/2010 at 20:02, in message
<[log in to unmask]>, Maureen Richardson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We have gone online for all of our Nesli deals and will be withdrawing
the print from 1997 onwards where possible. However we have got to
save
more shelf space and withdrawing some back runs of journals is going
be necessary. We have not bought any backfiles so our only backfiles
really are OUP (Jisc) and several JSTOR collections. Has anyone
withdrawn backfiles because available on JSTOR? Obviously we would
lose
access if we stopped subscribing to JSTOR. This is unlikely because
usage is very good. We could save quite a bit of space…
Would be interested to know what other libraries are doing and if any
have taken this "drastic" step. Will summarise for list if enough
interest

Regards

Maureen

Maureen Richardson
Electronic Resources  Manager
Information Resources
Learning Resource Centre
Edge Hill University
St Helens Rd
Ormskirk
Lancashire L39 4QP

Telephone: 01695 58 4684
Fax: 01695 58 4592
Edge Hill University 1885 - 2010 Shaping Futures for 125 Years Join
the
celebrations -
http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/125
Top 10 UK University - http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/about/future/uktopten

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely
for
the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily
represent those of Edge Hill University or associated companies.  If
you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as
possible and delete it and all copies of it.  You must not, directly
or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this
message if you are not the intended recipient.

The message content of in-coming emails is automatically scanned to
identify Spam and viruses otherwise Edge Hill University do not
actively
monitor content.  However, sometimes it will be necessary for Edge
Hill
University to access business communications during staff absence.

Edge Hill University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any
attachments are virus free.  However, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is
accepted by Edge Hill University for any loss or damage arising in any
way from its use.