On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Jeff Templon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> we've had problems getting all our accounting records in for two months now.  the solution is to republish frequently and often, I am not sure whether RGMA is dropping the records, or is it somehow not making it from RGMA into the DB.
>
> perhaps we could save lots of effort and just email the account records once per week or so? kind of silly to keep sacrificing a machine just to support the deprecated transport mechanism, which often just doesn't work.

This has been my recent proposal for CERN as well. Even sending our
back logs took long enough to process that we built up a
back log again big enough that it could not be sent. => doomed.

We have high hopes for the change in transport layer that is being
coded  to make this  go away.

--
Steve Traylen