From: Alys Hilbourne [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 4:24 PM
Subject: Geological Society Founders' day lecture and dinner 2010

Geological Society Founders’ day lecture and dinner 2010

Thursday 11 November 2010

Piccadilly, London

We are pleased to announce that we will again be holding a dinner to commemorate the day of our founding.  The dinner this year will take place on Thursday 11 November, at Le Meridien Piccadilly.  The event will begin at the Geological Society’s Burlington House apartments, with a talk given by Chris Stringer from the Natural History Museum, London.  We will then move along to Le Meridien for a reception and dinner.  This year, Dick Selley will be our after dinner speaker, and will talk to us about events in the history of the Society.

This black tie dinner promises to be our most exciting Founders’ event yet, and although we have extended our capacity at Le Meridien, tickets are expected to be in high demand, so please contact us as soon as possible to book places or a full table, and to avoid possible disappointment.

Dress: Black Tie
Ticket price: £70

The booking form is attached, and this should be returned to Georgina Worrall at the address given on the form.

Times and venues

Lecture: 18.30 – 19.30

From Paviland to Pakefield: 700,000 years of Homo Britannicus

Chris Stringer (Natural History Museum, London)

Geological Society's Burlington House apartments

Reception & dinner: 19.30 – 24.00

Le Meridien Piccadilly

After dinner talk: 22.00

Dining with Dinosaurs

Dick Selley (Imperial College, London)

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Full information about the event and the talks can be found online at www.geolsoc.org.uk/founders10

Alys Hilbourne

Events Manager

Email:     [log in to unmask]

Tel:         +44 (0)20 7432 0981

Fax:        +44 (0)20 7494 0579

Web:     www.geolsoc.org.uk

The Geological Society

Burlington House

Piccadilly

London

W1J 0BG

You can now watch all past Shell London lectures online at www.geolsoc.org.uk/shelllondonlectures10

Visit our website for up to date information on forthcoming events

www.geolsoc.org.uk/events

This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received it in error, please do not reproduce or disseminate the contents of this message; please contact us by return email, or by telephone on +44 (0)20 7434 9944, and delete this message and any copies of it from your computer systems. The Society does not accept liability for individuals' opinions, advice or views expressed in this email. The Geological Society of London is a registered charity, number 210161, registered address Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BG.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments to it) is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential or sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy or distribute it to any other person or take any action in reliance. If you have received it in error, please notify your system manager and the sender as soon as possible and then delete it from your system.