Hi all

I think somebody asked this recently so I’m sorry for asking again but I
couldn’t find the responses. I am looking for a resource or website that can
tell me what money was worth in the past. E.g. what could you buy with 2
shillings in 1925. Tea? Bread? Etc.

I’d be really grateful for any help as google isn’t coming up with anything.

Thanks so much

Eleanor

Eleanor Sier

Heritage Officer

Phoenix Cinema, 52 High Road, London N2 9PJ

T 020 8442 0442

Direct Dial 020 3074 1967

F   020 8883 4080

  <http://www.phoenixcinema.co.uk/> www.phoenixcinema.co.uk

  <http://www.twitter.com/Phoenixcinema> www.twitter.com/Phoenixcinema

We need £30,000 to complete the funding for our Restoration. Please donate
today

 <http://www.justgiving.com/phoenix-cinema>
www.justgiving.com/phoenix-cinema

Registered charity #296135