Hello FSL experts:

After all I was able to run the dual_regression script and I got the following  outputs:
 dr_stage_1,
dr_satage_2
at this time I was able to got the output "dr_satate_3" for my 4 contrasts.  it looks like this:

dr_stage3_ic0000_tfce_corrp_tstat1.nii.gz
dr_stage3_ic0000_tfce_corrp_tstat2.nii.gz
dr_stage3_ic0000_tfce_corrp_tstat3.nii.gz
dr_stage3_ic0000_tfce_corrp_tstat4.nii.gz
and so on..... for each components

The situation now is that when I see the folder "script+logs" I still have problem because it still produces empty drA.*** files, drB*** files, the drC.***. and  drD.e.*** files.
Only the drDo files have the following information:

randomise options: -i grot/dr_stage2_ic0000 -o grot/dr_stage3_ic0000 -m grot/mask -d design.mat -t design.con -n 500 -T -V
Data loaded
9.07514e+09 permutations required for exhaustive test of t-test 1
Doing 500 random permutations
Starting permutation 1 (Unpermuted data)
Starting permutation 2
Starting permutation 3
and so on......
Repeating  that four time (I used four contrast)

My questions are:
1)  Why those files are empty (drA, drB. drC and drD.e) ? :-(   Are not those files necessary to do the permutation tests?

2)I have been researching the archives but I still have this question: What is better that you choose the number the components  or to allow FSL to choose the numbers of them? if the former is better How do you choose a good number?

I greatly  appreciate any hint

Thank you very much in advance for all of your help

BTW: I know what means "tfce" but What does means "corrp"

 Lorena Jimenez Castro, MD
 Postdoc Fellow