Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion of the -s, which helped. I missed the -s option since it was not in the main list, though I now see that it is on the first line of the command description in between the -l and -i options.

I have not tried the -n, but that is supposed to use nearest neighbor interpolation , not "no interpolation". So the default is for slicer to interpolate the output image? WHich would only be necessary with the -s option, I suppose then.

I figured out the problem with the red edges - I had fed slicer a 4D image and it must have done a difference between the first two volumes in the set of 5.

Since I have your attention, I have a few more questions:

1. I posted that for my set-up, FSLVIEW screen capture (save snapshot to file) produces garbage images. Another user said he had the same problem and got around it with manually hitting the printscreen key. Well I want to script screenshots, so that is no help. Do you know of any other way to script screenshots of the FSLVIEW window?

2. Someone else suggested I could use slicer to script picture creation. But slicer apparently cannot create image files of V1 modified by the FA (in color). Correct?

Thanks,
-Jeff