Alan
Not quite the answer, however your student might be interested in 'Grace Kelly: Style Icon' exhibition at the V&A until September. It includes some of the dresses worn in Rear Window.
Best
Lucy

Date:    Thu, 20 May 2010 15:27:56 +0100
From:    Alan Fair <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: FILM-PHILOSOPHY Rear Window

Hello everyone,
forgive this query, it may sound irrelevant but to my phd student, and me, this is crucial.
In the opening sequence we are shown a negative and then its positive as a cover of Harpers magazine. The question, are we
supposed to read this image as Grace Kelly, because I, for one, don't think it is her?
My student's argument to a certain degree pivots on this issue.
Help!

peace

alan

*
*
Film-Philosophy
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to
For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon
*
Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com
Contact: [log in to unmask]
**