The back of Julie--posed as Rodin's The Thinker-- in the penultimate shot of Blue. This is the perspective of her lover.

The reverse angle, and the last shot, shows her crying...

BH

Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:03:58 +0530
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: shot of/from the back
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi everyone

I am working on the aesthetic beauty of the back. Sometimes there is more aesthetic beauty in showing the back rather than the front as in one scene towards the end of We Were Soldiers in which Mel Gibson sobs on seeing the dead bodies of both friends' and foes' being gathered at the end of the war. Please let me know if anyone could help me find any movies with such shots of/from the back when if they were taken from the front it would not have been as aesthetically striking.

Thanks.

Thoithoi O'Cottage

All the post budget analysis and implications Sign up now. * * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] ** * * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **